Tuesday 16 August 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness - August

Yes it's a day late. Whoops.
For those of you new to the concept, Gifted Gorgeousness is a SAL hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching, where once a month we show our gift related stitching and crafting.
This month I've got three things to share. The first is a little upcycled trinket tin I made as a Birthday gift for Julie. This started life as a tiny tin of mints. I ate the mints (sorry Julie), and then gave the tin a new lease of life with some vintage fabrics.


And here is the inside:-


The next is the gift I sent in the VSCyberstitchers Christmas in July exchange. My gift was for Nick (no blog as far as I'm aware), and I stitched him this set of a a Celtic bookmark and coaster (design by Textile Heritage) and sent it along with some local Cornish tea. Yes they do grow tea in Cornwall.


And here is the gift I received, by pure chance also from Nick, a fabulous stitched and framed monogram in beautiful teal green tones, and a set of stitching accessories in a fleur de lys design to represent his home in New Orleans.



15 comments:

Barb said...

Lovely gifts Christine and a super exchange.Tea in Cornwall well I never. Hope all are keeping well.

Brigitte said...

All three gifts are gorgeous.

Annie said...

Cool gifts! Love the pleated ribbon around the tin top!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely gifts to and from, very cool!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Lovely gifts. The bookmark is gorgeous. I also love that thread holder he sent you. I am tempted to start collecting them. I have three already.

Bea said...

Lovely gifts, both sent and received. The tin is beautiful as is the design for the bookmark and coaster. Love the fleur-de-lis accessories.

sunny said...

Great gifts! It's always fun to swap gifts and make new friends.

Preeti said...

Lovely gifts!! The book mark is so beautiful!!:)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

All the gifts are lovely. I particularly like the upcycling of the (empty) tin of mints.

Suz said...

What absolutely wonderful gifts! And they're all finished amazingly well :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

They are all so pretty. I really like the trinket box.

Kerryp77 said...

Love your up cycling! You are so creative with it. Beautiful Jewel colours in the textile heritage designs. I must stitch the lavender sachet I have.

rosey175 said...

Wow those scissors are really cool!

I like the way the tin was (re)finished but shame on you for eating the mints lol. :D

Mini said...

Great GG post. Lovely gifts sent and received.

Kaisievic said...

Okay, tea in Cornwall? Now that is intriguing - off to investigate. Lovely gifts both given and received, my dear.