Wednesday 26 December 2012

Fifty shades of Earl Grey, Hot

My girls know me so well. Look what they got me for Christmas.
In the words of one of my three favourite Captains (the other two, naturally, being Cpts. Harkness and Sparrow)
"Make it so!"


And look here. Chocolate Penguins of Death!!!
Your argument is invalid.

I got some wonderful gifts and exchanges from various stitching friends as well.
My Advent Exchange Partner, who turned out to be Tina, sent me CCN's Beach Cottage together with the overdyed threads and fabric to complete it and all these other goodies.
In the VSCyberstitchers Christmas Exchange I received a box of delights from Blythe which contained a gorgeous stitched Partridge in a Pear Tree ornament as well as many assorted cuts of linen and evenweave, a bookmark kit, a whole host of threads, charms, and tools, and a fabulous t-shirt from the Monteray Bay Aquarium.

Clare sent me this fabulous Hardanger chart book and pearl threads.
Karan gave me three adorable little penguin ornaments
Barb sent me a wonderful craft book and Jo sent me a set of postcards based on Artwork from The Hobbit as a late birthday gift.
Thank you ladies, I feel genuinely blessed to have such thoughtful and generous friends.
 And here is something I made recently but couldn't show as it was for a Christmas Gift. A small purse made from and up-cycled embroidered traycloth and lined with a piece from a vintage pillowcase.

8 comments:

Katherine said...

Christine - WOW! I am so impressed with your purse-making skills. Let alone the fact that it's up-cycled; I tried to make one of those a few years ago and only succeeded in messing up the closure when trying to seal it over the fabric. You must divulge how you did it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful purse!
And lovely gifts too, you have had a great Christmas. Glad you liked the postcards too.

Mouse said...

oooo nice gifts and cute up cycled purse too ... you are really clever ... wouldn't know where to start ... glad you had a lovely christmas and may you have a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

Julie said...

I love the purse, I bet the lady who received that was thrilled with it. Your advent parcel from Tina has been brilliant and a lovely package from Blythe.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What some great gifts you've received and things that are PERFECT for you. I think that's why I'm a little down on Christmas, its been a long time since I've gotten a gift that's just so me!

rosey175 said...

That is an amazing up-cycle purse!

Lots of great gifts -- penguins of death, ahahah. How cute! I like the little bird notebook too; it feels so nice and spring-y. :D

Nicola said...

The purse is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

HeidiInHolland said...

Love your purse. I have all the stuff bought to make a large one in patchwork but have never yet been brave enough. I need you to come help me. :-)

Oh...Earl Grey! Yum. I love that kind of tea.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi