Sunday 31 October 2010

A couple of finishes, another carnival and a pumpkin

Its reveal day for the Monthly Challenge again. This time it was this Christmas design from Gazette 94. I knew I wouldn't get the whole thing finished so I cheated and just used the four letter squares. Just as well when I realised how many beads it used! I had a white organza ribbon with red edges that I ruffled to make the trimming.













This one is by Gentle Pursuit from this years JSC Ornament edition. I used a bundle of precut threads I found that I think must have been left over from a kit, so I don't know what they were. I have remembered now how much I love Bargello.
Finished with a shisha mirror and a bow that came off last years Christmas crackers











Yesterday was Camelford Carnival. This time I managed to get a (not very good) picture of the float all lit up. As you can see from the way the girls are huddled in their shawls it was rather cold and wet!









Naomi got "Best Queen", here she is recieving her trophy from the Camelford Fairy Queen.



I'll leave you with the girls' pumpkin for this years village pumpkin contest. They call this one "They eat their own young".
I really can't imagine where they get it from can you????

9 comments:

Hazel said...

What a gorgeous couple of finishes! I love the Noel like you did it instead of doing the whole thing. I might just have to copy! x

Daffycat said...

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween, Christine!

I loves that pun'kin!

Karan said...

Fabulous finishes Christine... love your adaptation. Well done to Naomi. ROFLMAO @ the pumpkin. :0)

Karen said...

Happy halloween....that pumpkin is just too cute.

Terri said...

ROFLMAO that is great. And yes I can see where they get it from. Great finishes well done to Naomi

Julie said...

Congrats to Naomi

Love your version of the NOEL ornament, the organza ribbon is perfect for it

That pumpkin is amazing!

Sally said...

Your finishes are lovely Christine.

Love the pumpkin!

Nancy said...

Your ornaments are beautiful, and you finished them so perfect! I love bargello too so I'll have to make sure I take a look at that pattern.

Such a pretty float, and congratulations to Naomi! A fantastic pumpkin!

Mylene said...

Great finishes, Christine. And Congratulations to Naomi!!