Friday 17 April 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness - April

A couple of days late, but here is my gifted gorgeousness post for April (If you are new to this GG is a Blog Hop hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching, where we show off anything we have made as, received as, or made from something received as a gift - or anything else we think we can get away with shoe-horning in for that matter)
I've got a few things I can share this month (and a few I can't, so that's next month's post sorted too!).
First up is the pendant I made for a friend's birthday. It is a piece of local seaglass for which I made a claw-setting from recycled eco-silver. A bit of a steep learning curve making the setting but I think I've got the hang of it now!


Then there is this shirt I made for my husband. The pattern is Simplicity 1544, and the fabric is a cotton lawn with a kind of William Morris-ish pattern of stylised bluebells. The collar band and inner cuffs are in a contrasting plain purple cotton.


And finally the piece I stitched for the Needlecraft Haven Easter Exchange.I finished as a "lollipop" and it's displayed with a wooden tulip my girls bought for me in Amsterdam. The design is from La Comtesse et le Point du Croix It's still here as we are keeping the exchange virtual for now and posting out later, so I can't say who it is for in case they read this.


That's all for this month. Off to work on some May gifts now.

8 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with another member of your Model Family!
The pendant looks very nice, it's good to learn a new skill at this time.

Kaisievic said...

Christine, I love the idea of finishing as a lollipop - very sweet and great job on the shirt and the pendant, too.

Julie said...

Stunning birthday gift for your friend
Love the shirt, so beautifully modelled
It was a good exchange, I had your lollipop to me from last year on show over Easter.
Take care my friend

Carol said...

Love the pendant, Christine. I still have that tiny bottle with the sea glass that you sent me all those years ago on display on my bathroom shelf above my bathtub. Love it--thank you again ♥

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely pendant Christine, unfortunately your other two pictures are not viable :-(

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your lollipop finish is such a good idea, Christine [and I might have said that before :) ]. DH wouldn't trust me to make him a shirt even though I know he'd like the one you've made. I like the pendant though I can imagine that getting the setting right would have required some patience.

diamondc said...

Your pendant is beautiful, I collect sea glass when in Mexico.
Beautiful shirt, I do like the color.
That Easter pop is adorable.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

What a great collection of gifts from all different crafts! Your husband looks very happy with his shirt.