Wednesday 18 March 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness - The March Shoehorn Edit

Hello, and welcome to my March Gifted Gorgeousness Post. For a full explanation of Gifted Gorgeousness, the monthly blog hop where we celebrate the generosity of the crafting community by showing off our gift related makes. For a full explanation please see Jo's Blog
To be honest I've really struggled to find anything that fits the criteria this month, so in best shoehorn tradition here is a dress I made myself.


The beautiful vintage rose print fabric was gifted from Minerva in exchange for a review, which will appear on their blog soon.
And here is my finished Sugar Bowl Crafts scrap-busting sewalong quilt top. A couple of the scraps I used were gifted to me by sewing friends so I can just about manage to squeeze it in here.


That's it for this month. Hopefully I'll have more to show next time around.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Love the dress, it really suits you.
Thats a stunning quilt

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. You need to make something for your lovely daughters!
The dress looks great and those shoes are lovely too. Are they part of this year's total?
Nice work on the Quilt, I like the way you have arranged the colours.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great dress, you are very clever with the sewing machine. That's a colourful quilt for sure, lovely.

diamondc said...

Oh my goodness I love the dress and quilt.
I hope you stay healthy and have a beautiful weekend.

Catherine

Carol said...

Oh, I so love those bright happy colors in your quilt, Christine! And your new dress is darling--particularly like it with your pretty red shoes! Take care now...

Leonore Winterer said...

Both of your projects look great! To me, just being able to make clothes from fabric still seems like magic.

Bethan said...

Lovely dress! And such a colourful quilt x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A great dress Christine. For me, that style is one of those you can wear anywhere,anytime.

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely dress Christine! Pretty quilt too!
Well done,
Hugs,
Barbara xx