Wednesday 8 March 2017

With Apologies to Edna Mode

Sorry Edna.


I made a cape. 


Perhaps I should call it a wrap?
Pattern and wool tweed outer fabric from Cool Crafting; lining from a liberty Tana Lawn remnant, wooden buttons from EvilBay.
The next project was something I saw in Mollie Makes magazine, a magazine rack made from copper piping.


This was a joint effort between me and my husband. He did the cutting the copper pipes bit and I did the sewing the fabric bit.
And here is a spot of upcycling, This second hand enamel colander, that had seen better days and cost me less than a pound; is now a miniature succulent garden.


11 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful projects! I do like the crap/wrap/shawl. :)

Justine said...

You're so talented! I love the cape. Hubby bought me one for my birthday and I feel so stylish in it!

Julie said...

There is always something special to see on your blog Christine, your brain cells must be alive with so many ideas.
The capes nice, and the magazine rack a brilliant joint effort, but for me that succulent garden is delightful.

Kerryp77 said...

I love that cape. It's gorgeous. Fab it of up-cycling and the news rack is very funky. What a talented pair you are.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the cape/wrap. You've been very busy, I guess there aren't so many weddings this time of year!
Love the copper mag rack and the recycled garden.

Preeti said...

Lovely finishes !! The magazine stand looks perfect! It can be done with conduit pipes as well, right? Copper must be hard to work with.
My succulents rarely survive for long, no idea whether I water less or more:( your succulents are looking great and using colander is a brilliant idea:)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love your succulent garden and your cape brings back memories of the one my mum made me so many years ago.I loved it.

Wendy said...

wow, wow and wow! Love the cape, it's gorgeous! I might have to make one... I love the magazine rack too! Is it soldered? And the succulent garden is a great idea!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are lovely projects. You are always making something different and fun.

Carol said...

Just love visiting you here, Christine, as you never know what wonderful projects you might be sharing! Love the cape and that magazine rack is so cool--will you be polishing it or letting it green up?

Sally said...

Love your projects Christine. What a brilliant use for an old colander.