Monday 15 February 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness - Valentine's Edition

It's the fifteenth of the month, the day for Gifted Gorgeousness, the SAL run by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching, where we celebrate the crafty gifts we have sent, received or made.
This month I am sharing these two heart shaped oven mitts that I made for my daughters. (I also made one as a birthday gift for someone, but forgot to take a picture before I posted it)


And, while I had some insulated wadding to hand I also made this heatproof mat for Kerry, who won my blog competition last month.


And finally a gift to me, from me. We were lucky enough to win the pub quiz a couple of weeks back, giving me some unexpected extra spending money when I went to the Craft for Crafters show in Exeter with my friend. We watched a workshop on fusing fabric by Margaret Beal, and I was inspired to buy a "starter pack" of a soldering iron, some shaped metal templates and a back of organza squares, and this is the result of my first little play:-


18 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The heart shaped oven gloves are great! Attractive and practical too.
The new craft looks interesting too, I'm not sure I'd be safe with a soldering iron! Maybe I would need those oven gloves?

Elfie said...

I love those oven gloves - I've never seen them before. You obviously have a creative streak, and a good eye for colour.

Amy said...

The gloves & mat are so sweet, and your metal work turned out beautifully!

Mini said...

Love the gloves and mat.You are doing great for a first time in the new craft .

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great hearts!! The gloves and mat are a great idea, and it's always good to gift ourselves :-)

Preeti said...

Lovely gloves and mats!! I hope you enjoyed the workshop. I have done soldering in my electronics classes adding small resisters etc. onto a printed circuit board(PCB)

Kerryp77 said...

Ooh I did that craft when the show was at Malvern. I was hopeless! Yours look amazing. You've really taken to it well. Thank you for the lovely mat. It's in my new craft corner with my bowl of biscornu on top.

Julie said...

A gift for you... I like that attitude. I just treated myself to something, you'll have to wait till the next blog post to see it.
Not sure I could be trusted with a soldering iron, but I do like what you created with yours.
Gorgeous oven mitts.

Brigitte said...

Great projects you show here.

Suz said...

Very nice sewing! The ninja oven mitts are too cute :)

Wendy said...

Oh wow, that's fab! Love the oven gloves too

Justine said...

I have no idea how you made those items with a soldering iron but they look great. I love the sweet oven mitts too. What a lovely idea to gift them to your daughters for Valentine's Day.

Kaisievic said...

Cute oven gloves, Christine and I love the idea of being your own GG!

cucki said...

Beautiful xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Great oven gloves and heatproof mat. It's the first time I've heard of fusing fabric. I like what you did.

Bea said...

Lovely projects one and all.

Stitching Noni said...

I love the oven gloves - what a great idea for a gift :o)
Hugs xx

Sally said...

Lots of lovely makes Christine. Love those oven gloves.