Sunday 27 April 2014

A Challenge Finish That Could Be More Christmassy

It's reveal day for the Monthly Ornament Challenge at Needlecraft Haven. This month we stitched this design from Mausimom.
I love how mine has come out, with the vintage mother of pearl and crystal buttons from my collection, though I don't really think it's all that "Christmassy"
I used an orphan piece of overdyed raw looking linen for mine. It is stitched with GAST Shaker White thread, and finished with hand dyed Cluny lace trim from The Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.
The other finishes (which are a lot more Christmassy) are in the album here


14 comments:

Julie said...

Yours looks very pretty, some folks don't like too much bling on their tree.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Christine I think it looks wonderful! I have to remind myself that not everything that's Christmas has to be red/green! How about a re-stitch on a soft blue?

Mary Ann Tate said...

I think it's lovely:)

Kerryp77 said...

I love the shape of your tree, such a pretty finish (as are all in the gallery)

cucki said...

So lovely..
Hugs ❤️❤️❤️

Carol said...

I like your version a lot, Christine!! Really pretty with all those buttons...

Mouse said...

looks gorgeous with those buttons and it depends on your colours for Christmas ....mine are eclectic nothing matches ...lol so it would look great here hint hint ...lol love mouse xxxxx

Annie said...

I think that's a perfect finish. Has that wintery feel with all the white and pastels.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's a lovely tree. It would make a great card for a Pearl Wedding Anniversary with the little buttons.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely version of this design, Christine. The buttons are beautiful.

Kaisievic said...

It is really pretty. So sweet.

Beedeebabee said...

It turned out just lovely! Beautiful ornaments like this are treasured forever! xo

Sally said...

Very pretty Christine. Really love how you've finished it.

Linda said...

It looks Christmas like to me. Nice finish.