Tuesday 10 December 2013

It's That Time of Year Again

You know the one, where you spend ages making stuff and then you can't show it on your blog in case the wrong person sees it.
So, nothing to see here. Nope. Nada. Move right along.
Well OK, I can show you these. These are the first ten days worth of gifts in my advent exchange parcel. The exchange was organised via Needlecraft Haven and it is anonymous so I don't know who to thank, but I have received some fabulous goodies so far.
Some lovely scented candles, soap, a gorgeous recycled sari notebook, a Christmas tea towel, some chocolates, Christmas beads and buttons, a felted coin purse, a silk covered box with a lid for mounting embroidery and a felt gift bag for embellishing
And here is my little beachy corner having made itself all Christmassy. I'd love to say I made the driftwood tree myself but it would be a lie. I've been trying to collect suitable driftwood all year after I saw some of these last Christmas, but I didn't have enough, so when someone was selling these at the Church Fete I snapped one up. I love it so much. I'm half tempted to leave it out all year.

7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great advent gifts Christine - I'm not surprised you grabbed the tree it's gorgeous.

Julie said...

Someone know you very well Christine, such perfect little advent gifts for you.

You could always craft a little seagull to sit atop the tree and no one would be any the wiser that it was supposed to be Christmas one, its so lovely.

Chris said...

That tree is amazing. What a lovely group of exchange gifts.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I know that feeling well!

Nice selection of gifts. Julie's idea is excellent, a seagull would too it off nicely. You could even stitch the white bird ornie from JCS that reminds me of seagulls.

Barb said...

ohh yes a stitched seagull would be perfect. Love the corner Christine,hope you have a real tree too!

Carol said...

Such a neat beachy corner, Christine!! Love all the seaglass in the clear bowl, too...

Sally said...

Fantastic gifts Christine.

Love your beach corner. What a brilliant idea!