Sunday 16 June 2013

Cinderella Shall Go to The Ball...

I finished Naomi's prom dress today, with, I might add, almost three weeks to spare.
This is Simplicity 3878 only cut down to tutu length ~ the original pattern is for a full length ball gown ~ made in black satin with an overlay of red and black shot crystal organza, which, incidentally, was a #*&$ to sew with.
It needs a bit more "bling" adding to the bodice, but I'm waiting for some hot-fix Swarovski's I ordered to arrive. I also still need to make the matching fascinator. Yes, the girl who had me buy her a tiara over a year ago because "I'll wear it for prom" has decided she wants a red and black top hat fascinator instead.
No worries.
Guess what she'll be wearing on her head if she ever decides to get married...
Next sewing project is going to be something for me.

18 comments:

Julie said...

Wow....she'll be the belle of the ball in that. You were right it does look better with something added to the bodice for modesty sake! Lol. Well done mum x

Carol said...

Oh, wow!! That is so impressive and beautiful..Yes, a fascinator would top it off perfectly :) Your daughter is one lucky girl to have a mom who can make such a beautiful dress!

Createology said...

Very beautiful prom dress. Your daughter, "The Belle of the Ball" is a very lucky girl to have you for a mom. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Barb said...

Gorgeous Christine well done you on a job well done.

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful x

Kaisievic said...

That is so gorgeous - she is going to look beautiful!

Gillie said...

Well done the dressmaker! And whew, you did decide to make the skirt, lol! We do need a twirl by the girl though, in all her gorgeousness!

Jan Gartlan said...

It is beautiful. Well done

Sally said...

Wow that is stunning Christine!

books4me said...

That is beautiful! I'm sure she's going to look absolutely stunning.

Unknown said...

Your daughter is going to look absolutely gorgeous in that beautiful dress.

Minnie said...

You daughter is a very lucky girl and will look fantastic. Great job!!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful dress - she'll look lovely :-)

Maureen said...

Wow. Just love the colours.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You did a beautiful job and its perfect for your daughter!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous! She will look amazing in the dress.

I only have boys and can't sew. Maybe I should start cross stitching their prom waistcoats now?

Stitchingranny said...

I liked the hat - now I love the dress - hope we will be seeing a picture of the model wearing it.

DUSTY said...

Gorgeous prom dress !! You are such a great Mom !! I used to love sewing for the grands when they were little. The hat will look wonderful with it. Way to go Mom !!