Sunday 8 August 2010

Flowers, a carnival and a very late challenge

We've had a busy weekend here. First it was the Chapel Flower Festival. The theme was "AGood Read", and I chose a book about the kitchen garden at Heligan

Then it was off to Tintagel for the Carnival. A beautiful evening, a fabulous carnival, and Naomi won the cup for Best Queen.
















Finally here (embarassingly late) is my finish for the Stitch and stash July Challenge. We did a penguin design from The Workbasket. The reason he took me so long is that I stitched him over 1 on 32 count, he's done in a single shade of very dark purple overdyed thread, and finished as a Christmas ornament, backed with the fabric in the picture.










6 comments:

Heidi said...

Naomi is really on a roll. Congratulations to her and you as the proud mother. :-) Love your penguin. I love to stitch over one but it does take more time than stitching over two as crazy as that sounds. My PT is going so slowly over one compared to my friend that is stitching it with me over two.

Happy Monday!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Mylene said...

Congratulations to Naomi! She looks gorgeous!!

A beautiful ornament, i LOVE it!

Linda said...

Lovely arrangement but not as lovely as Naomi. Congratulations to her. I can hardly believe this is the little girl I met 8 years ago.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats to Naomi! As usual she looks lovely!

What a creative arrangement you put together!

The penquin looks great! Over one does take so much longer!

Sally said...

Congratulations to Naomi! She looks lovely.

Your penguin ornament is gorgeous.

Julie said...

Beautiful arrangement and Naomi looks wonderful no wonder she won the cup.
I love the challenge piece, maybe i'll get mine stitched one day!