Wednesday 27 May 2009

Merry May part 2 and Monthly challenge

You can stop nagging now ;D, here is my 2nd May ornament! This one is from the JCS 2007 Ornament Issue, and is by The Sunflower Seed. I fell in love with this the minute I saw it, and I'm really happy with how its come out, though its a tad larger than I'd normally do for an ornament.

Next up is the Monthly Challenge. This month the challenge was to stitch a biscornu. Regular readers will know I'm a sucker for biscornus (biscorni?) so I did 2, the first is from "les chroniques de frimousse", and the second is from The Victoria Sampler (join Thea's Yahoo group to access the free chart). The other finishes are in the album, and there are some beauties!






13 comments:

Daffycat said...

I really liked that ornament when I saw it in the magazine. Your looks beautiful and your finishing is wonderful!

Clare-Aimetu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mylene said...

May ornament looks wonderful and i LOVE LOVE your Victoria Sampler biscornu. You finished it perfectly.

Sally said...

I love your ornament Christine. It's gorgeous. Lovely biscornu too.

Linda said...

Here I thought "rubbing shoulders with the stars" referred to your ornament. I loved it when I first saw it and love yours even more. Do you want my snail mail so you can send it to me?

Karan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

WOW how cool for you, he's lovely and seems so friendly.

Nice ornie and i love the biscornu with the ribbon petals

Ranae said...

Pretty ornament and those are gorgeous biscornu's
Super nice finishes there
have a great weekend

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dani - tkdchick said...

Your stitching and finishing is as gorgeous as usual!

jayne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yuko said...

How beautiful Biscornu by Victoria Samplers one is!
I fell in love with it, I will join in the group to get free chart! :D
Thanks for sharing!