Sunday 26 April 2009

Challenges!

The first challenge being the April Challenge from the Stitch and Stash forum. This month we had to choose from complimentary designs from A Mon Ami Pierre. I chose this Stitchers Heart, worked on 36 count linen in flax using DMC 115. It was a struggle to control the variegation the way I wanted (I was trying to avoid stripes), but I think it came out mostly OK. I mounted the stitched piece on the top of a heart shaped tin and finished it with dark red braid. As usual there are some super finishes in the album



You may remember a post earlier this year about amaryllis bulbs and how when the first one was in full flower the second hadn't even begun to grow, so my second challenge was to the amaryllis bulb. "Beat that!" Well it took its own sweet time, but I think maybe it has done:-

11 comments:

Stitcher said...

A great finish, and it has a lovely subtle shaded effect - I don't see any stripes.

Mylene said...

Your challenge piece turned out great. I love the colour you have chosen for it.

The amaryllis looks beautiful!

Julie said...

A gorgeous heart tin finish, the perfect design.

Love the amarylis, its a stunner!

Daffycat said...

Beautiful finish! ***happy dance***

Lovely flowers!

Karan said...

Gorgeous finish Christine & the colour is lovely. Beautiful amaryllis - ours keep putting out greenery then change their mind about going any further. Maybe I should try your challenge on them. :0)

Linda said...

This is a lovely finish - a nice project well done.
What a gorgeous amaryllis. Maybe you should send positive vibes to mine.

Sally said...

Beautiful challenge piece Christine.

Ranae said...

I love the color with that design. The heart tin looks like it was finished perfect.
Pretty amaryllis

Kathryn said...

I LOVE this heart Christine. You did a great job with the variegation, too!
I want your amaryllis!
Kathryn : )

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow you did a gorgeous job!!!

Stitchingranny said...

A beatiful finish Christine. I started this last year but I am afraid at the moment its a ufo.