Monday 5 January 2009

Crabby New Year

Or at least it will be soon. I'm taking part in a SAL of Raise the Roof's "Crabby All Year", as organised by Daffycat.

I haven't actually put needle to fabric yet as I'm waiting for supplies to arrive, but I've recharted the heading to read "Grumpy" instead of "Crabby", crabby not being a word we use round here unless we are descibing crustaceans, so this is a progress report of sorts ;)

I got some great stash for Christmas, but foolishly forgot to photograph it before squirelling it all away! Anyway my haul included a Hardanger chart, fabric and DMC linen threads in antique mauve, pink and blue shades from Clare, the Ink Circles Croakworth Sampler, a Whimsy and Wit Quaker chart, DMC scented threads and beads from Polly, and a scissor keeper, needle minder and Soie Cristalle silk threads from Karen, so as you can see I was pretty spoiled.
Now as this post is shamefully devoid of any other photos, I'll leave you with a picture of one of the New Years Honours List's new CBEs
OK, so when did Robert become "establishment"?
Supplemental question (for absolutely no bonus points). When did I get old??
Off now to add an appropriate playlist to my side bar...

5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

He doesn't look too establishment to me.

I remember dancing to a Stones song years ago at a friend's party and some kids who were there were complaining about the 'old folks music.' Sigh.

Daffycat said...

Mine is going well, Christine! I hope your supplies arrive in good time. I'm very interested in seeing your "Grumpy" header!

Julie said...

OLD? not you!

Does it count as old when you remember a song the first time round, just when it starts on the radio i find its a remix and i dont like it at all, prefer tghe original an i can still remember all the words LOL

jane said...

Nice pic Christine- and I don't remember getting old either..lol

Karan said...

Nice bit of eye candy that. ;0)
Sounds like a nice stash haul too. Will look forward to seeing Grumpy developing. :0)
Have a Happy & Blessed 2009 Christine. :0)