Saturday 16 December 2017

The Last Gifted Gorgeousness of 2017

And also the hardest, because it's December, and whilst I've made tons of stuff for gifts I can't show any of it yet!
(If you're not sure what Gifted Gorgeousness is then pop over to visit Serendipitous Stitching - the blog of Jo, who invented the concept  of showing off our gift related crafting every month, and runs the SAL - for an explanation of the rules (though to quote Captain Barbossa they're "more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules")
Returning to my annual December quandary, I think these might be safe to show: three little stitched gift tags for the family's Christmas presents.


Double GG points because the tags themselves were a cover gift with Cross Stitcher magazine. I used an alphabet chart I found on the internet instead of the Christmas motifs that came with the kit, and subbed in some of my own threads to get the colour schemes I wanted.
And then there is this.


These little knitted #christmasangels have been appearing throughout the village this week, and the other day I went outside to find some wonderful person had hung one on my door handle. More information about the project can be found here

6 comments:

Justine said...

Those Christmas angels are a lovely idea!

Julie said...

What a nice idea the angels are, yours is lovely.

Preeti said...

The gift tags are lovely! The angel looks cute as well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this year with all your wonderful crafts and following the "guidelines"!
Great idea for those tags, I have a set of them too.
Lovely angel and a nice surprise. By co-incidence I received a tatted angel this weekend too. She's going on my tree which is finally up!

Sheryl said...

Lovely, useful gift tags and the gifted angel is a wonderful idea, nice surprise.

Leonore Winterer said...

I know that feeling about December and not being able to show stuff...I have a few things that, for reasons, I have had done since January and still can't show!
I love the idea of randomly appearing Christmas angels.