Saturday 2 December 2017

Ornament Exchange and a Spot of Knitting

Yesterday was opening day for the Needlecraft Haven Christmas Ornament Exchange.
By pure coincidence I both sent to and received from Lindsay this year.
Here is the ornament I sent.


The snowman design is by Carol Manning Designs, from this year's JCS Ornament Edition. I changed up the colours a bit to fit with what I had, and added an iridescent sequin to the snowflake at the top before making it up as a flat ornament edged with some vintage lace.
And here is the ornament I received from Lindsay, an absolutely exquisite 3-dimensional beaded star.


Thank you Lindsay, I love it.
I also finished knitting this shawl earlier in the week.


The yarn is Stylecraft's Candy Swirl, one of those big balls of self-striping "cake" yarn.
Eagle eyed readers will spot that the very edge is a slightly darker shade of turquoise. This is because the "one ball to knit a shawl" ran out halfway through the cast-off row, so I had to carefully un-cast off the edge, find some wool in the house that half-way matched and cast off with that as there was no way I was buying a whole other ball of the Candy swirl. I had a few choice words to say on the subject at the time, but actually I think it worked out OK.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful ornaments and I love the colours of the shawl.

diamondc said...

Beautiful Shawl, such pretty colors.
Wonderful sweet ornaments.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely exchange. In another life I want to learn beading but I don't want to eat into my stitching time!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I've seen this beaded stars a bit this year, they are gorgeous. Are they very heavy as ornaments?

Your shawl is lovely! I'm sorry you had to play 'yarn chicken' and lose, but it did work out nicely in the end.

Astrids dragon said...

Two lovely ornaments! DJ actually made me the snowman one and I love it. The beaded star is fabulous.
I love the shawl, the colours are beautiful and the edging is perfect!

Preeti said...

Lovely gifts ! The shawl looks pretty and the edging doesn't look different at all.

Julie said...

Super ornaments in the exchange.
Love the shawl, I could do with one of those myself.