Monday 22 October 2012

A spot of upcycling and a ghoulish little make

Our downstairs loo has been without a curtain since we moved in here eleven years ago. This state of affairs has officially gone on long enough. Don't get the wrong idea, it is obscured glass, there was no danger of frightening the neighbours but I was tired of it looking bare.
Behold! My lovely new window dressing, made from a vintage pillowcase (purchased from the excellent Rag Rescue) and a length of curtain wire. Honestly, it took me about 20 minutes, I don't know why I waited so long.

So, anyway, I was trawling around on Pinterest, (I know, I really, really shouldn't, but at least I was looking on the crafty boards not the geeky ones for a change), and I found something  certain young ladies would adore. Here is my version as modelled by Naomi.
A blood drip necklace.
Yes, you too can look as if you have had your throat cut, or had a little alone time with your vampire of choice.

Here are a few candidates. Mr Ian Somerhalder, Mr Alexander Skarsgaard and Mr Aiden Turner.
You're welcome.



17 comments:

Fiona said...

Aiden Turner everytime :) and thank you for not mentioning twilight!!! Love the new bathroom curtain :)

Kaisievic said...

Very nice - curtain and Vampires - lol!

Ranae said...

Pretty curtains, good idea with the pillow cases
I'll take #3 thank you, lol

cucki said...

Aww very lovely curtain and cute vampires ;)

Mylene said...

Well done on the curtain, lovely and sure cute vampires!

Nicola said...

Have you heard the rumour that Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart have bought a house in Mullion? Apparently thet enjoyed a holiday on the Lizard this summer.

Love the curtain.

Lisa V said...

Love the idea of the necklace, I love vampires even more, and I'll take Ian Somerhalder anytime, hehe.

Gillie said...

Eleven years is probably long enough, lol! Very stylish. The Rag Rescue site needs another look, goodbye!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Gret curtains and a very effective necklace

Julie said...

11 years... i can beat that, i waited 24 years for my new bathroom suite, it was promised when we moved into the house and a reason i said yes to coming here LOL

Great necklace, it looks stunning.

Sally said...

You are so clever Christine. Love the necklace and the window dressing is beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great necklace, I have some tw****ht plasters (band aid!), my bro bought me for a joke. Apparently you stick them on your neck so it looks like you're covering a bite mark up!
ps Keifer Sutherland anyone? Showing my age there.

rosey175 said...

Great upcycling! I like to find those old, super soft sheets at thrift stores and make all kinds of curtains out of them if they're not useable as a sheet! :D

Pinterest is so dangerous, hahaha.

Barb said...

Love the curtain Christine, Hmmm not sure about vampires (must be an age thing) but yes Keiffer Sutherland as Jack does it for me.

Carol said...

Oh, I adore your new curtain, Christine--you've given me an idea for some lovely linens that I inherited from my grandmother :)

Linda said...

What a clever idea for the curtain; it looks charming.
I am certain that either one of your daughters would be pleased with the necklace. What a combination with the Bat Fascinator.

Dani - tkdchick said...

As clever as always Christine!