Monday 5 December 2011

The Travelling Pattern, Another Ornament and a Golden Snitch

I've been lucky enough to be chosen as the next stitcher for the Travelling Pattern. I'm hoping to get it stitched up before Christmas, so watch this space...
In the meantime I've finished up another ornament. This one is from this year's Christmas Ornament Issue of The Gift of Stitching magazine. Those little reindeer just crack me up.
And then she went on Pinterest again... 
Don't all groan at once!
This time I found this tutorial from Tiny Apartment Crafts, for making a Harry Potter Golden Snitch ornament, and in no time flat I was up to my eyes in glue and glitter.
The original tutorial mentioned some problems getting the wings to stick to the bauble, so instead of making them individually, and sticking them on I made the pair from a continuous piece of wire with a little circular loop between them, then when they were dry I popped the ferule off the top of the bauble, dropped the loop over the neck and stuck the ferule back on. Clear as mud? I should have taken a picture halfway through. Anyway here it is, my very own Golden Snitch.
Off now to try and clean the holographic glitter off my keyboard!

12 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear, congratulations for the traveling pattern..you so lucky..i wish i can get it this time..
beautiful ornament..i love it so much,..
harry potter golden snitch ornament is just a darling..
keep well love for you xx

Siobhán said...

That golden snitch is TOOOOO cool!! how neat! Great job! Love your ornament, too.

Linda said...

Now that you mention it, I can see indications of holographic glitter on the wings. The Golden Snitch is too good for words. I will have to show it to one of our sons who has read the books and enjoys the movies.

Hazel said...

Now, which travelling pattern have you won?? There are a few out now lol. Love the stitched ornie. So pretty. x

Carol said...

What a smart way to figure out how to make the wings stay on the gold all of the Golden Snitch, Christine--it looks great!! And what a pretty ornament, too!

Sally said...

Oooh I love that golden snitch! How clever.

Lovely ornament too.

Mouse said...

ohhhh wow love that snitch ;0 ) love mouse xxxx

jane said...

Great ornament and I love that Golden Snitch!

Barb said...

Love the ornie Christine but oh I adore that snitch,want one of those!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs

Julie said...

Super snitch, quidditch on the broomstick for you over the hols then!! LOL

Super ornament, very pretty.

Anonymous said...

your ornament is great Christine, I do love those Reindeer to
you are so creative, that snitch ornie looks great
can i ask how long you waited on the Pinterest waiting list?

Dani - tkdchick said...

Love that golden snitch!!!

Great ornament.