Wednesday 28 December 2011

Christmas Stash Goodness

Did Santa bring you all everything you wanted then? Apparently I must have been "A Good Girl", as I received some wonderful knitting and stitching gifts from family and friends. The girls gave me these two wickedly subversive knitting books (Dominknitrix and Punk Knits),  ~ complete with a dayglo pink post it note detailing which items they'd like me to knit for them first!!!


Clare sent me a Thornton's chocolate reindeer (yum) and a pair of  matched hand dyed perle and stranded cotton threads in a beautiful blue and aqua colour combo, perfect for some colourful Hardanger. Sorry about the dodgy photo but I was trying to include the twig reindeer Eloise made, and he kept falling over everytime I went to take the picture. Clare also sent me a  lovely crochet booklet for my Birthday.


Karan sent me this fabulous assortment of purple silks, and an adorable gingerbread penguin. I shall have to put my thinking cap on to figure out what to do with them (well, not the penguin, I pretty much know what to do with him already)
I got a fat quarter of cream evenweave as my final gift in the Needlecraft Haven advent exchange, 


and Pat (no blog as far as I am aware) sent me this super gift in the VSCyberstitchers Christmas Exchange, a Sweetheart Tree kit for the sweetest little holly biscornu, a set of DMC variegated threads and a simply gorgeous angel statuette/ornament, who may just stay on my mantelpiece all year round.
Thank you everyone, I feel thoroughly spoiled.
Back soon with an update on the Travelling Pattern and all the crafty things I've been getting up to lately...

9 comments:

Nicola said...

How lovely all your gifts are. Yes, you must have been a very good girl xxx

Linda said...

What a lucky ducky you are with such wonderful gifts. Yes, the angel should be out all the time; you can never have too many guardian angels. It looks like a not too subtle hint to start knitting at warp speed.

Kate said...

Great stash presses - love your girls' style!

Mouse said...

oooo nice goodies and love the dayglo hint ..lol love to find out what you decide to do with the purples and colour variations are fab for biscornu's etc :) looking forward to the update on the travelling pattern :) and wishing you a very merry stitchy / knitty new year :) love mouse xxxxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

What wonderful craft gifts!!!!

Hazel said...

You got some lovely gifts. You better get those knitting needles out and get cracking! x

Julie said...

Super gifts. I did smile at your new books complete with post-it notes, we'll all be watching your blog for updates on what's being knitted then lol

Kathryn said...

Love your subversive knitting books and the knitting orders!
Great stash - you were spoiled!

cucki said...

aww so many lovely goodies..
sending you huge love..
cucki xx