Wednesday 1 January 2020

Happy New Year

A Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.


I'd like to share just a few of the Christmas gifts I received this year.


Thank you to Barb for the lovely felted robin and holly wreath, to Karan for the pretty violet hand dyed evenweave, and to Clare for the Christmas print fabric and DMC threads.


Thank you to Julie for the very useful folding mat/bag, and to Robbin for the gorgeous hand-loomed scarf and handy travelling scissors.
And here are just a couple of the things I got from my girls


My Little Cthulhu!!!!!! Isn't he adorable? Look at his little tentacles!
They also made me a calendar. This is the cover.


You might be forgiven for thinking it was both up-lifting and life-affirming.
Until you open it and see January


I'll share the other months throughout the year.
And finally, my round up of 2019. The final total was 73 finishes, 41 books read, and 12 pairs of shoes bought, and the nearest guess was Clare with 74, 47 and 11. I'll get some sort of little prize in the post to you in the next few weeks Clare.
I've reset the counter, so if anyone wants to try and guess at the 2020 total just pop your answer in a comment on this post.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats to Clare, nearly a full bingo card there!

OK ... so this years guess (but I guess if you succumb to the wording on January's page it might no be as many as it could be LOL)
Finishes - 104 got to be more now you are international blogger for Minerva and their challenges as well as other stuff.
Books - 52 - one a week
Shoes - 12 - one a month - have you a special cupboard just for shoes? you must have over 100 pairs by now!!!

Bethan said...

What a funny calendar from your daughters - I look forward to seeing the other months. Lovely Christmas gifts. Happy New Year to you x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great presents, especially those from your daughters. We just have Grumpy Cat in our staff room.

My guess is - 74 finishes, 51 books and 12 pairs of shoes.
Like Julie, I would like to know where all the shoes are!

Leonore Winterer said...

That calendar is hilarious! Great gifts.

My guess for 2020 is 77 finishes, 44 books and 11 shoes ;)