Friday 5 July 2019

Two Bees or Not Two Bees

I completely fell in love with this wonderful golden bee printed jersey from Stitch Fabrics, and I was in such a hurry to buy it that I misread the units of sale and thought I was buying it by the half metre, when actually it was by the full metre, so naturally I ended up with twice as much as I needed.
Well there's only one thing to do when that happens - make two somethings!
First is a Tilly and the Buttons Agnes top for me.


And second a racer back tank top for Eloise (pattern is Simplicity 8338)


And just in case you thought I'd abandoned it, here is my up to date temperature SAL, look at all those lovely reds and ornages!


7 comments:

Julie said...

You've been a busy bee ...... couldn't resist LOL
Nice new tops for you both.
The temp SAL is looking good.

Carol said...

That fabric is fantastic, Christine--love those bees and both tops! Looks like things are heating up over there!

Bethan said...

I have been eyeing up those bees too! Seems like it worked out well that you ordered too much. Both makes look great x

diamondc said...

Oh my goodness, I love any fabric with bee's on it, beautiful tops.
Your Temp stitch along is lovely.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lucky misshap - the fabric looks great on both garments. Great progress on the temperature SAL as well...so you too have been venturing into the reds!

Astrids dragon said...

I had to buy my bee top, both of yours look so much better!
Yes, bring on the warmer colours!

FlashinScissors said...

Love the bees!!!! One day I’ll try making myself some clothes, I keep meaning to!
Your temperature chart looks great.
Hugs,
Barbara xx