Sunday 1 July 2018

World Cup Knitting #1

I needed a knitting project to do while the World Cup was on; something relatively simple that I could work on without really having to concentrate on it; and this shawl pattern (Curlew by Claire Slade) seemed to fit the bill.


I changed the way the central increases were worked because I found it easier to keep track of this way (remember I needed it to be as mindless as possible), and extended the pattern and just kept going until I'd used the wool. It is knitted using a single ball of James C Brett "Northern Lights".
The fact that it is now finished shows, I think, precisely how much time I have spent watching the football over the last 3 weeks.
World Cup knitting #2 is already progressing nicely.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful knitting, I love the colour changing wools that are so widely available now. Looking forward to seeing your World Cup #2 project.

Julie said...

OH WOW ... now this one is spectacular, what gorgeous colours it has. Is it for you??

diamondc said...

Beautiful color choice.

Catherine

Preeti said...

Lovely colorful finish! keep watching and knitting:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Prety shawl. We're not following the kickyball here.

rosey175 said...

There's a game going on? (:b) Glad it's making so much time for crafts all around the world! Your shawl looks great; such a nice stripey yarn.

Leonore Winterer said...

I love me some mindless knitting from time to time :) Looks great!

Bethan said...

Beautiful knitting; and an impressively quick finish!

Justine said...

What a gorgeous shawl! I love the colours though I do think you should knit something patriotic next!

Astrids dragon said...

For mindless knitting, it looks fantastic! I love the colours.

FlashinScissors said...

Your knitting looks fabulous!
We watched quite a lot of the footie here, although disappointed when England went out, we had to watch it to the end!
It was a good excuse to get some of my sewing done!
Barbara xx