Monday 16 July 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness July - AKA World Cup Knitting #2

Just the one thing to show for July's Gifted Gorgeousness (for an explanation of what the GG is all about see Jo's blog here)
It's another piece of my "I don't need to look at this while I'm knitting it" World Cup Knitting
This rainbow scarf/shawl is a gift for Naomi.


The pattern is from the book Curls by Hunter Hammersen. All the patterns in the book take on this fabulous curled shape, although some are much curlier than others - this was the first (simplest) of the patterns in the book but I shall definitely be trying some of the others
The wool is a hand dyed DK from Mothy and the Squid, and is rather wonderfully called "Industrial Accident"
World Cup Knitting #3 was begun, but not completed, so I suppose it is now just summer knitting.

11 comments:

Gillie said...

Lovely, I’m a shawl nut....I brought two in progress to Oregon and yarn and needles for another Hitchhiker.....just in case!

Justine said...

What a beautiful shawl, I would love to see a picture of it being worn as I can't imagine how it would look bug I love anything asymmetric!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, you've been very productive! What a fun colourway.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.

I agree with Justine - we need to see the shawl modelled!

Bethan said...

What a lovely piece - I love the colours of your wool x

Preeti said...

Lovely shawl! You achieved a lot during world cup:)

diamondc said...

It is lovely, beautiful colors.

Catherine

FlashinScissors said...

It’s lovely, Christine! Interesting pattern.
Roll on the next sporting event.
Barbara x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A pretty shawl, Christine.

rosey175 said...

A cornucopia! And that's a great name for the yarn. I love it when they have somewhat random names haha.

Julie said...

Very nice.