Sunday 22 April 2018

My First Craftpod

You may have heard of Craftpod, the quarterly craft subscription box. I decided to give it a try, and a few weeks ago the Spring box plopped through my letterbox. I was thrilled with it. Not only did it contain all the materials and instructions for two gorgeous projects, but also a selection of stationery with the prettiest spring botanical illustration and a ginger and lemon tea-bag so I could have a nice cuppa while I worked on my embroidery.
I didn't photograph the contents unfortunately but you can see previous boxes here which will give you an idea.
The two projects were a drawstring linen bag.



How glorious is that mustard yellow linen? The lining fabric was my own addition, just an oddment I had which happened to be the perfect colour.
And an embroidery hoop with a spring botanical theme.


Again the buttons and bird charm were my additions, because when did I ever do anything the way it was designed?
So, there you have it. My first ever Craftpod. Looking forward to the summer one now.

9 comments:

Carol said...

How lovely to get a crafty surprise in your mailbox each quarter, Christine! I just love this one and your addition of the little buttons and charms make it even more special :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like the idea of these subscription boxes. The Crafty Kitten one would be my first choice.
Love the buttons you added to the embroidery.

Barb said...

oh very nice Christine ,will have to go take a look. Buttons look fab and I love the bag.

diamondc said...

Your Craft Pod designs are wonderful, I am a lover of using buttons on stitching.
The lining fabric is perfect with the bag color.

Blessings
Catherine

Preeti said...

Lovely makes! The subscription craft box sounds fun!

Wendy said...

so pretty! I look forward to seeing future boxes so I can decide if I need to join!

Kaisievic said...

Love the buttons and charms - they finish it off perfectly!

Julie said...

Two super projects created from your goody box.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's really cool! I like this kind of monthly/seasonal boxes. Maybe I'll try a crafty one out some time.