Sunday 15 October 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness for October

Gifted Gorgeousness day has rolled round again (Gifted Gorgeousness is a monthly blog hop organised by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching, where we show off our gift related crafts and craft related gifts)
Once again this will be a cross stitch free posting, (those of you who come here looking for a cross stitch blog must be getting pretty fed up by now, I promise I'll try harder next time)
This month I have made each of my daughters a skirt from an upcycled t-shirt. This one is Naomi's


And this one is Eloise's (completed on a rather damper day, hence the somewhat less attractive location for the photoshoot)


Also I don't think I've shown you this before, it is a woodburned piece that Naomi made for me in the summer using an offcut of the wood her dad had used to build himself a set of speakers. (I sew things, he builds speakers...)


As you can see she knows how to appeal to my inner geek.

9 comments:

Julie said...

A very talented family you are.

My brother is in San Francisco and just sent me a pic of him sitting on a replica Iron Throne - if he thinks he's king of the family, he can think again, i'm the oldest lol.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

You are a talented family. I love the skirts and your daughter has made you a beautiful gift.

Carol said...

I love that your daughters have inherited your creativity, Christine--such fun finishes all around :)

Preeti said...

Lovely skirts ! The Woodart by your daughter looks great!

diamondc said...

Beautiful and interesting skirts.
The wood burning project is beautiful, I like the way the wood is offset and square or round, it adds a very interesting look to the piece.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love those skirts, I would definitely have worn them a few years ago!
The map is amazing! We have just started Lord of the Rings as bedtime reading. Any guesses how long it will take? 30 minutes out loud 6 nights of the week.

Elfie said...

You have a creative flair - those skirts are great.

Kerryp77 said...

You are so good at upcycling and being so creative. Love the skirts.

sanpiseth40 said...

i really likes your blog!
You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา