Thursday 15 June 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness in June

It's time for June's Gifted Gorgeousness, the brainchild of Jo from Serendipitous Stitching, where we show off anything we can remotely shoehorn into the category of a gift.
I'm kicking off this month with this stitched bracelet.


Double GG points for this one as it was a cover gift with Cross Stitcher magazine, and I've stitched it for Naomi.
I swapped out the slightly loud colours in the original kit for a cooler palette of blues and turquoises with white, and left a few rows blank as I liked the effect of the "leather" showing through.
Second up, is this handbag I made from a vintage souvenir scarf depicting scenes of  Rome.


I'ts got the Colosseum on the other side.
This is another double pointer. Again it's a gift for Naomi; who is going to be living in Italy next academic year as part of her degree, and consequently needs an Italian handbag; and the pattern to make it came from a book which I received as a gift from Julie a couple of years ago.
And finally, just so you don't think Eloise is being left out on the handcrafted gift front, here is my progress on a cardigan I'm knitting for her.


The pattern is "Mizzen" from Classic Elite Yarns. It's a raglan sleeved cardigan knitted in one piece from the top down, the line of lacy holes you can see is one of the raglans forming.

6 comments:

Julie said...

What lucky girls to have such a talented mum. Loving the cardigan - with no sewing up ... win win!

cucki said...

Wow they all so beautiful ..
Love and smiles x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, the link-up post is now up.
I do like what you've done with the wristband. If you'd like another one you can have mine, I've not touched it yet and I'm unlikely to either!

jocondine said...

Love your stitched bracelet but I'm very fond of the handbag, what a lovely idea and a cool new life for your scarf. I like it a lot. xxx

Preeti said...

All the gifts are beautiful!! Nice use of scarf.

Carol said...

Your lucky daughters!! I always enjoy seeing the fun things you've created for them, Christine!