Sunday 29 November 2015

This Week I 'Ave Been Mostly...

(insert your favourite "Fast Show" joke here)

...sewing
I discovered a lovely folded fabric ornament on Cathy's blog (Crafty Cat)
The original tutorial is by Crouton Crackerjacks and can be found on You Tube here.
I have to say I didn't find it as easy as he makes it look. He sewed 2 fabric circles together, turned it out, gave it a little poky with a chopstick and got a perfect circle.
Yeah, right. I got an irregular polygon...
Still it came out OK in the end I think.


The sparkly bit in the middle was originally a decoration on a fancily wrapped bar of soap I got last Christmas.
The bulk of my sewing adventures have been quilt related though. Following on from the Kantha Quilt I made for Nim, I decided to make another for us. This one uses the blue and red coloured squares from a Moda Layer Cake called Beach House and will live in the conservatory with all my other beachy bits and pieces.


Look out for future projects using the leftover green, aqua and pinky squares

10 comments:

Annie said...

That folded ornament seems to be the technique du jour this year. I've seen it on a number of blogs. Yours turned out just dandy. Thanks for the video link. Love your quilt too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I used to love the Fast Show. And the Mary Whitehouse Experience. They are probably online so I can show the Large Boy. We watched the Harry Enfield Kevin Turns Into a Teenager sketch just before his 13th Birthday.

Anyway, your ornie looks lovely even if it's not a circle, no one would know it's supposed to be one!

Julie said...

......eating brussel sprouts! No I taverns but DH always says that when we've had them lol.
Great quilt and nice ornie, slightly different to the ones I made, better go look at the tutorial.

Preeti said...

Beautiful ornaments!! Love the colorful quilt :)

Wendy said...

The ornament looks good to me. Love the quilt!

Wendy said...

The ornament looks good to me. Love the quilt!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a FABULOUS ornament! And that layer cake quilt beautiful!

Mylene said...

That's a lovely folded ornament! and the quilt is looking beautiful!!

Sally said...

Love your ornament! It is beautiful. The quilt is very pretty too :)

Sheryl said...

Your folded ornament is gorgeous, well worth practising.