Friday 16 October 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness October

 Well that came around fast! It's Gifted Gorgeousness time again. Time to show our gift related crafting. For a full explanation see Jo's blog here

Two spooky things to show this month, both of which I made for Eloise.

First this shirt. 


I started with a vintage (1970's) blouse pattern for this, but I re-drafted the collar and sleeves, and added piping down the centre front.

Then there is this dress


This is partially self drafted, using elements from Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book and my own bodice design.
In both cases the fabric is from Art Gallery Fabric's "Spooky and Sweet" collection, and it was gifted to me by Minerva in exchange for a blog post.
There are other spooky makes in the pipeline, but I'll show them next month


10 comments:

diamondc said...

Christine: They are both lovely.

Catherine

Elfie said...

Beautiful gifts. You are so creative, and I always admire your fabric choices.

jocondine said...

Great fabrics, love the colors. So clever ideas and lucky Eloise! Amitiés. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Two great items of clothing, I particularly like the shirt.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are both great makes. I love the fabric used in each one.

FlashinScissors said...

Two wonderful makes Christine!
I especially like the blouse.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great sewing as always Christine

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, these are awesome - especially the dress, I love the fabric! Great job.

Let's Get Sewing said...

The dress is so lovely!

Carol said...

You are so talented, Christine--both of these are lovely! I haven't sewn a dress since the '70s so I'm sure I would have no idea what I was doing if I were to try today :)