Sunday 18 August 2019

August Gifted Gorgeousness - Warning: Picture Heavy

Running a couple of days late with Gifted Gorgeousness this month as it was the annual Village Show yesterday, and since I'm Show Secretary it keeps me rather busy. If you are wondering what Gifted Gorgeousness is, by the way, you can pop over to Jo's blog for a full explanation, but the short version is it's a monthly blog hop where we show our gift related crafting.
I've got a few gifts to show this month.
First up is the VSCyberstitchers July exchange (which happens too late in the month to make the July GG post). Here is the absolutely gorgeous gift I received from Pat


And here is the one that I sent to Marietta.


Then there is this shirt that I made for DH as an anniversary gift.


The pattern is Simplicity 1544, and it is made in a lovely soft ex-Hugo Boss linen, with the contrast details in Liberty Tana Lawn.


I can thoroughly recommend this pattern, it makes a very stylish shirt, though I might be tempted to go a size smaller when I make him another one as there's a lot of ease in it.

I'm going to finish up with a few pictures of the Village Show I mentioned earlier







   





And a spot of shameless bragging about the cup I won for Best in Show Art, with this pastel drawing. (I've no idea who she is, I drew her from a photo I found online)


Naomi also won a cup for best close up floral photo, and we got quite a few 1st place cards between us, so all in all it was a very successful day.

9 comments:

Elfie said...

Beautiful gifts received and given, and I truly enjoyed the photos of the village Show. Congratulations on a well deserved win with your art - such an eye-catching portrait.

Julie said...

**BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE** well done to you both.
Looks like a great show this year, lots of entries.
A nice gift received in the exchange, a lovely saying on that.

diamondc said...

Congratulations on the win, you are a beautiful artist.
The shirt is wonderful, beautiful stitching.
Lovely pillow and gift.

Catherine

Our photos said...

Nice embroidery!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, great show! Those cakes look delicious. Lovely gifts as well, of course...the fabric for the details on that shirt is so pretty.

FlashinScissors said...

Wow!
Lovely gift from Pat, with a lovely sentiment too!
My goodness, I love the pouch you made for Marietta!
The shirt looks wonderful!
And gosh I enjoyed everything in the show but especially your pastel picture .... congratulations on your win!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

FlashinScissors said...

Congrats to Naomi too, I almost missed the last sentence of your post, Christine!
Well done on all the prizes!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Carol said...

Well done on the Best In Show Art prize, Christine--that is a wonderful drawing. I can't even draw a stick figure so I truly admire those of you with this talent :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with your lovely exchange pieces. Beautiful work.
The shirt is great too, that would cost a lot in the shops.
I love your artwork and I can see why you won so many prizes, what a talented family!