Tuesday 15 January 2019

Kicking Off Gifted Gorgeousness for 2019

New year, new Gifted Gorgeousness, same format - a forum to show of our crafting gifts and gifted crafting - for full details see Jo's Blog here.
First of all some gifts I received for Christmas
This beautiful little stitched stocking from Clare


and these lovely fabrics from Karan


And here are some things I made as gifts:-


I made Eloise and Naomi a snappy pouch each. These have strips cut from a retractable metal tape measure in the top so that they snap closed. They get double GG points because I originally received my own snappy pouch and instructions on how to make them as a gift from Julie
And here is a jumper I knitted for Naomi (Pattern and Paintbox Metallic DK yarn used available here)


This is the front - nice, but not earth shattering, however take a look at the back!


I'm really pleased with how this came out.
And finally, as she was packing to go back to University, Naomi complained that she needed something to brighten up the front room of her rented house and "make it look like adults live there", so I knocked up a little runner to go on their coffee table.




9 comments:

diamondc said...

Oh my gosh that color gray is beautiful, you did such a lovely job knitting it.
I love the Christmas stocking, it is adorable.
Lovely gifts.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

A great variety of gifts given and received Christine, I love the back on Naomi's jumper.

Barb said...

Great job on the jumper Christine, and the runner. What a talented lady you are.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Naomi's jumper is lovely and the snappy pouches are a great idea. I hope it was easier than fitting a zip?

Ariadne said...

Many beautiful things here. I loved the runner. AriadnefromGreece!

Julie said...

Fabulous jumper and modelled so beautifully too.
Those pouches are so useful aren't they, great colours you chose for them.
Love the table runner, really must have a go at quilting and try getting my machine out this year.

rosey175 said...

Ooo that's a great sweater! I can never wear those things because of showing off the undergarments ahaha. Great table runner and lovely gifts for you, too! Hmm. I wonder if our house looks like adults live here. Probably not. :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Snappy pouches! That sounds like an awesome idea, and I love the fabrics. And that sweater is lovely, such a clever backside!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The back of the sweater is impressive. The table runner will add a welcome splash of colour to Naomi's house.