Wednesday 16 May 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness for May

Is it time for Gifted Gorgeousness already? This month has just flown by.
In case you don't know Gifted Gorgeousness is a Blog Hop run by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching where we show anything we can even vaguely describe as gift-related  our gifted crafts and crafted gifts.
This month I have two projects to show. The first is this little hoop with embroidery and felt flowers which I made as a birthday gift for my friend.


The second is actually some cross stitch! Yes, honestly, I've actually completed a piece of cross stitch - must be the first time in absolutely ages. This is "Bless This House - Mos Eisley Edition" by Hard Core Stitch Corps, stitched on Crafty Kitten Belfast linen in Champagne Bubbles. It is going to be a gift for my daughter Eloise, I just need to get it framed.




12 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Two very pretty pieces, and finishes too!
Was the hoop from a pattern, or did you design it?
I like the border-like patterns on Eloise’s!
Great stitching!
Hugs, Barbara xx

Rhona said...

Two lovely projects! I'm sure both your friend and your daughter will love them.

Justine said...

Great finishes! I'm glad you have the reference for the 2nd piece, now I know where it comes from!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The wreath is lovely; Happy Whatever!
Also love the Bless This design. Maybe if my son ever moves out I will stitch it for him!

Carol said...

Two pretty gifts! The stitching made me laugh :) I'm sure Eloise will love it, Christine!

Sheryl said...

Two lovely designs. I really like the hoop embroidery with the pretty felt flowers. A lovely gift.

rosey175 said...

Lovely blues in the felt hoop design! Happy indeed! :D And congrats on your first completed (and awesome) cross stitch in ages!

Leonore Winterer said...

The flower hoop is lovely, and the cross stitch wonderfully nerdy. Love it!

diamondc said...

I love both of your designs, I love working with felt, the colors you chose are beautiful.

Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

Loving the hoop gift.

Preeti said...

Lovely finishes! The hoop is very pretty:) What size is it?

Ariadne said...

Oh I loved the happy hoop!AriadnefromGreece!