Thursday 15 March 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - March

It's the 15th of the month, so that means it's time for Gifted Gorgeousness - the Blog Hop organised by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching - where we talk about our gift-related crafting and craft-related gifts.
When putting this post together I've noticed that everything in it seems to have been made for Naomi. (Note to self: make things for other daughter!)
Firstly we have a wee Year of the Dog ornament - I started making Naomi a Chinese New Year ornament every year quite a few years ago now, I think I'm definitely over halfway through the zodiac by now.

Year of the Dog Pattern from Holly's Hobbies

Next a knitted snail - she's studying in Italy this year and living in the contrada of Chiocciola (snail district) of Siena - the colours of  Chiocciola  are red and yellow


And finally a skirt I made from an oddment of Echino linen. 


front - note the jetted pocket, I'm irrationally pleased with how that came out


back

I thought the fun moped print was ideal for the girl-about-Italian-town in the spring. Hopefully she will wear it and channel her inner Audrey.

19 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Those are awesome! I love the moped print, that's gorgeous.

Julie said...

Great to see Mr Snail again, he's growing on me.

Unknown said...

Amazing gifts, the snail is just so cute x

Elfie said...

Beautiful, thoughtful gifts. I have fallen in love with the snail. I hope Naomi appreciates how lucky she is!

Brigitte said...

Wow, these are a lot of different projects for this GG post. Such a sweet little snail.

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely finish on The Year of The Dog ..... the cording looks great!
Cute snail, and very nteresting link!
Love the skirt, the lambrettas are very apt, and the pockets look great ..... wow.
You have been busy!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Beth in IL said...

Love that fabric!

Carol said...

You've created such wonderful gifts, Christine! Not "irrationally pleased" at all--you should be--it is delightful :) I'm sure your daughter will have an amazing Italian spring!

diamondc said...

Your skirt is adorable, the year of the Dzongkha, I like the design you did, that snail is so sweet.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, love your snappy description of it too.

The Year of the Dog ornie is great. I am collecting the Dragon Dreams versions and will stitch all 12 at once. In case they stop doing them and I'm left with half a zodiac LOL

The snail and skirt are cute too, for different reasons!

Preeti said...

Lovely gifts for your daughter! I like the skirt:)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Terrific gifts. I like the way the themes fit with her year in Italy.

Justine said...

Gorgeous gifts indeed! I love that skirt with the moped print, perfect for Italy.

Kaisievic said...

Three very different crafty gifts, you are so talented Christine.

Clare-Aimetu said...

You're so crafty Christine, three great pieces: -)

Wendy said...

lucky daughter! the snail is so cute and I LOVE the skirt!

Mia said...

Wow Christine! Beautiful work! I like very much the Chinese ornament. The knitted snail is awesome and the skirt is sooooo lovely! Kisses, my friend.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, those are gorgeous - your daughter is very lucky to have such a talented mother! Maybe next month's GG will be all about her sister?

Bethan said...

Oh wow - I love the skirt and how you have used the stripey fabric. Stunning! x