Thursday 15 February 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness February Edit

Welcome to February's Gifted Gorgeousness - the place where we show our gift related crafting and/or craft related gifts. Full details on Jo's blog here
Lots to show this month. Firstly, yesterday was opening day on the Needlecraft Haven Friendship Exchange. The idea with this exchange was that we send a Friendship card and gift, along with two skeins of thread and a friendship themed chart.
I didn't remember to photograph the chart and threads I sent, but this is the gift I sent to Justine - an illustrated handbag mirror for which I made a little felt cosy


And here is the lovely hand made quilted mug rug, beautiful card and threads I received from Mary


It's been rather chilly lately so I knitted each of my daughters one of these warm and snuggly interlaced Celtic scarves.



Pattern on LoveKnitting.com here
Finally you may remember Jo won my Shoes/Books/Finishes Competition at the end of last year, and here is the prize I made for her.


It is stitched using Gentle Arts Simply Shaker threads in Schoolhouse Red and Wrought Iron, a lovely dark blue-black shade reminiscent of  old ink which I thought was ideal for the look of a hand drawn map, and finished with dark blue faux leather and a tiny loop of Hobbit ribbon that I found on EvilBay. The Lonely Mountain cross stitch pattern I used is available on Etsy here

14 comments:

Elfie said...

So many beautiful things! I just love those celtic scarves - your daughters are very lucky! I've had a lovely visit here today.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.

I love my prize! I suppose I ought to give you a bonus entry as Julei got one last month when she sent me the Suffragette Goth Bunny!

If I win this year, I'd love a Celtic Scarf LOL Just getting my name down early...

Great exchange too.

Carol said...

Beautiful gifts both given and received, Christine! Those chunky scarves are just wonderful!!

Ariadne said...

Great GG items! I love the bag Jo won!Great choice of pattern!AriadnefromGreece!

Julie said...

Love those scarves.
Fabulous gift you created for Jo, sheer perfection from one friend to another.
The friendship exchange has been fun, we all did well.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely exchange gifts both sent and received. I love the scarves too

Preeti said...

Beautiful gifts ! The scarves look lovely. I thought you had one daughter.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I'm glad you like your gifts, Christine. Your knitting and stitching are great and I love the book pouch you made for Jo.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Love your scarves so beautifully knitted. Thank you for the Lonely Mountain link,I love how you have used it on a bag for Jo.

Justine said...

Thank you again for my lovely gifts, the handbag mirror is so pretty in its case and useful too. You always make such lovely things. The scarves are gorgeous and I love the pouch you made for Jo, it's perfect for her!

Wendy said...

oh wow, those scarves are amazing!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great gifts! I love the scarves, that woven part is really cool.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, everything looks wonderful, what a great exchange!
OMGoodness, the dragon bag, I love it!

FlashinScissors said...

Sorry to be late commenting (thought I had previously, not sure what happened!).
Lovely gifts, given and received! Especially love the pouches for Justine and Jo!
Wonderful knitting too!
Hugs,
Barbara xx