Tuesday 21 March 2017

Carry On My Wayward Son - The Sofa Edit

Warning:  This is not  going to mean a lot to you if you don't watch Supernatural



I saw on Pinterest where someone had embroidered a Supernatural anti-possession symbol onto flannel and mounted it in a hoop. I liked the idea of the embroidery but I'm not keen on the whole hoop-art thing so I adapted the idea, making a nine-patch square out of upcycled jeans and flannel (very Sam and Dean I thought), and here is the result
The Winchester Cushion.


This one is for Eloise, but I may make another.



12 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome!!!

Tiffstitch said...

That is cool, excellent idea and finish.

Rhona said...

That looks wonderful!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely finish on your cushion,such a good idea.
I do not watch Supernatural but I like Kansas's song:)

Preeti said...

Great upcycled cushion!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I don't watch the show but I do like the design and the cushion too.

Julie said...

Whoosh .... that went straight over my head.... but I can appreciate hard work in making it, it does look nice and will be loved.

Sally said...

It looks fantastic Christine. I don't watch Supernatural so, like Julie, it went straight over me head!! Youngest DD would get it though!

Ksunshine52 said...

Just came over from Julie's Stitchknitty and glad I did! Love Supernatural and I think you did a great job! I think I like your cushion better than a hoop design as well. Well done!
Karen

Sheryl said...

This is lovely, what a good idea.

Shirley Hill said...

I am new to your page; it is wonderful. A pentacle is now anti-possession symbol? Interesting.