Monday 29 August 2016

Summer Sewing

A couple of the summer sewing projects I've been working on.
A playsuit for Naomi, using New Look 6291 in Liberty Tana lawn


This second picture was Naomi's idea to show how easy it is to move in.


A tunic for me. This is Simplicity 8141 using a poly-elastane jersey fabric.


rear view to show back detail (note to self - should have worn a different bra).

 

I love how this came out and I'm planning to make a plain coloured one as well. Full reviews for both patterns on PatternReview.com here
And just for fun - and because I bought these polka dot bag handles from EvilBay thinking they were big enough for a proper tote bag and had to think of something else to do with them when I saw how tiny they were - I embroidered some flowers on the leg of a worn out pair of jeans and made a Useful Bag For Keeping Things In.





10 comments:

Barb said...

You are just so clever Christine, you look a treat in your new top. Naomi is so lucky she can balance on one leg at times I have a problem on two lol.
I have to say though I really really like the embroidered Jeans bag ,that is a fab way of using old jeans. Well done you on your sewing .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely playsuit on your beautiful model. Your tunic looks great too. I feel you need a strategic tattoo to enhance the cut-outs in it.

Nice rescue of the smaller handles as well. Very cute bag.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Great stitching on the playsuit and tunic and I can now put a face to your name. Your little jeans bag is a good idea. You are so creative.

Unknown said...

Fabulous stitching, especially like the style of your top. Cute little bag too x

Bea said...

Well done with the playsuit and tunic - lovely fabric in both. Love the little jean bag with the Winnie-the-Pooh type name.

Preeti said...

You are very good at sewing !! Both the dresses are looking great and the jeans upcycled bag is lovely:)

Justine said...

You are so creative! I love your tunic and the playsuit your gorgeous model is showing off.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Both darling outfits :) and I love that tote!

Carol said...

I think you can do just about any type of creative project you tackle, Christine! Love your tunic and Naomi's playsuit--they both look so comfy and wearable :) Pretty recycled jeans bag, too!! Love the polka dot handles!

Sally said...

Fantastic makes Christine. You are so clever.