Sunday 15 March 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness - March Edition

This is my post for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL organised by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. The idea is that on the fifteenth of each month you should post something which is in some way a gift, either something you've received or something you've sent, or perhaps something you've made using materials that were a gift, or - well you get the idea.
I've two small gifts which I sent out to show this month. The first is a  coin purse I made for Barb for her birthday last month. Barb loves sheep, so I made this from a souvenir tea towel with a farm animal design (the other side has a sheep dog on it)


The second is the prize I made for the GYOB giveaway which was won by Karin. A small decorative heart made from upcycled denim and a vintage doily


Check out Jo's blog (link above) to see what other people have done for the SAL

20 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Fab purse, I love the clasp! Lucky barb :-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
The purse is a really clever way of using a teatowel.
The denim and crochet heart is cute too.

jocondine said...

So cute gift. Very original purse. xxx

Justine said...

Lovely gifts! What a great way to use a tea towel.

Justine said...

Lovely gifts! What a great way to use a tea towel.

Cindy's Stitching said...

I love the coin purse. Both so pretty.

Sparky said...

your sheep, lamb...your stitches are wonderful

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great purse, I'm sure Barb loved it :-)

Julie said...

Perfect pursey pressie for Barb. I'm sure I have one of those purse tops somewhere....where did I put it??

cucki said...

Lovely gifts,,I love the sheep so much xx

DJ said...

What a thoughtful gift, and beautifully stitched too! The heart is darling too!

Shroo said...

They're amazing! A-MAZ-ING! How CUTE is that purse??!?!? Ach...lovely. That's what glittery tap-dancing Wolverine gets ya! Awesome crafty inspiration. That's what I'm putting it down to anyway! Sending big hugs from Shroo:)xxx

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

What beautiful gifts - love the purse!

Preeti said...

Your gifts are very lovely!:)

Carol said...

Oh, Christine, that little sheep purse you made is so adorable :) Great idea to implement a tea towel!

Lisa said...

love the little sheep purse it's so cute :)

Stitching Noni said...

I just love the purse!
What a great idea :o)
Hugs xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The purse is a great idea. The heart for the GYOB is a lovely gift to win.

Brigitte said...

This purse is looking gorgeous.

rosey175 said...

Oh, what a clever use of the tea towel and I just love the coin purse! Those big green snaps are great! And the lovely denim doily turned out so nice too, what a lovely giveaway. :D