Sunday, 23 March 2014

Oink, Moo...

Strange title?
Oink. Sometimes I get the urge to make strange little smooshie animals. Does that make me weird? No, I didn't think so either.

Today I made this odd looking punky pig out of an old hoodie that used to belong to one of the girls years ago. He could do with being a little bit fatter but I ran out of fibrefill.
Moo  is the name of the company we just got our lovely new dinky little business cards from. I made the little holder from a scrap of felt so that I don't lose them in the bottom of my bag.


And I'll leave you with a few spring flowers from the garden. The vase is just a jam jar with a wrap stitched up from scraps of fabric and braid. I got the idea from Sew magazine. I'm thinking I'll make a few of them in different colours. Could be another use for the mountain of old jeans...



13 comments:

Linda said...

Love your pig he's really cute. Great way of covering up a regular jar and adding to the prettiness of the flowers.

cucki said...

Aww cute piggy :)
Beautiful jar with pretty flowers..
Hugs x

Mary Ann said...

What a cutie :)

Clare - Aimetu said...

Perfect pig :-) great idea for a vase too

Wendy said...

how cute is that smooshie pig! I love the vase wrap too, great way to cover a glass vase. I have a few but after a couple of days the water goes a bit greenish so it'd be nice to cover it

Lecoeurceltique said...

Love the pig!

Julie said...

Great idea for the vase, such pretty pink blossom you have out.
Little pig is cute.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like the vase-coat, very clever way to cover up the murky water!

The smooshie pig is...strangely cute!

Carol said...

Awww... that little pink pig makes me smile :)

Kate said...

Loving oink - don't make him too fat or he may have to go to market!
I licked the idea of the vase covers too - just not enough time at the moment.

Kate said...

LIKED! apologies

Annette-California said...

Darling little stuffed animal. Love your pretty business card holder and your cards are stunning. I think your cards the prettiest I have ever seen. Wonderful vase cover you made. Love how you used some bits and pieces of trims & fabrics.
love Annette

Sally said...

Very cute pig!