Sunday 1 December 2013

A Tale of Three Ornaments

First up the exquisite stitched ornament I received in the Needlecraft Haven Ornament Exchange.
Thank you to my as yet un-revealed partner. I absolutely love this.
Secondly, whilst shopping in The Range I spotted this wooden heart plaque.
I loved the concept, wasn't too keen on the finish quality, so I brought it home and gave it a makeover. Here it is on the front door.
Long time readers may notice that we have at last painted the front door. Yes it is the same colour as before. No he still won't let me put a laminated Police Phone Box sign in one of the windows.
And finally, Naomi and I saw some book page ornaments at a craft fair and bought one. We speculated as to what the book used might be. Naomi hoped it was Fifty Shades of Grey, but inspection of some of the names visible in the text suggested it was in fact The Girl With he Dragon Tattoo.
So here it is, looks innocent doesn't it?
Until we came to hang it on the tree and noticed this.
Yes that does say exactly what it looks like it says.
I really don't know what to say...

PS. Check out The Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe for a great giveaway

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love love love your ornie! I'm going into to work on Tuesday to ask my boss if I can make all the unsold books from the Cabinet of Smut into decorations for the shop!

Also like your rejigged heart, much better than the original, the Tardis blue door and the lovely ornie from the exchange,

ps did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper? He loved Santa.

Justine said...

What a shock! I like the idea of making baubles like that but with nice books. Your exchange piece is gorgeous!

Julie said...

The front door heart is lovely, stands out well against the newly painted blue.

LOL the bauble, funny!

A super ornament in the exchange, hope mines as lovely when it arrives.

Chris said...

Wow! Great ornaments! I love the way you decorated the plaque!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely Christmas decorations!!!