Monday 6 September 2010

Upcycling (or TUTBOTS)

A couple of "Things (that) Used To Be Other Things"

First my new oven gloves (which used to be a couple of pairs of old jeans, I could have used just one pair had it not been for a bit of a cock-up on the cutting front, but I kind of like the colour change).
I got the basic idea for these from Alisa Burke's blog (which is full of brilliant ideas and inspiration). I tweaked her idea a little bit as the originals were individual mitts and I prefer a double oven glove.













Next a small corsage. Can you see what it used to be? Yep, its half a zip ~ with a tiny bit of ribbon and a few odd beads to jazz it up.
These are such fun to make. I bought a big handful of old zips from the charity shop and I've made a pile of them.

Now, what old junk can I chop up and re-purpose next...

6 comments:

Mylene said...

WOW! Great job on both pieces Christine. You are very creative!! Both turned out GREAT!!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Brilliant Christine, you are so clever. I love the oven gloves.

Sally said...

What a fantastic idea Christine! I can see Abi doing stuff like this! She's always looking at You Tube videos. She just revamped a pair of jeans we got in the charity shop and she loves them.

Julie said...

Cool idea, so groovy too!

Have saved the bloglink for an in depth browse another time

Hazel said...

Wow fab jobs on both of them! I could do with a new oven glove. x

Linda said...

How clever of you - both are so good.