Sunday 20 June 2010

A Tale of two Pincushions

One cute and one subversive


First the cute one, a teeny little crown, which I made using the cap of a 2l cola bottle as the base. The top decoration is a flower bead threaded onto a pearl headed pin.



Now the subversive one (read no further if you are of a nervous or easily offended disposition). You might recall a few weeks back I posted a picture of a long pincushion I made for the Monthly Challenge. In true Victorian Style I lovingly spelled out the word "PINS" in pins . Last week I came to use it and I found this:-



I think I have a poltergeist (or a teenager)


10 comments:

Linda said...

Way too funny!!
You don't suppose it was your soon-to-be Carnival Queen do you?

Mylene said...

I didn't noticed it at first and i couldn't enlarge the piece but couldn't leave either when i saw it.... why was that..?!?

Missy said...

LOL LOL LOL OMGoodness now who on Earth could have done that!! Thank you for the laugh.

hugs
-missy-
http://eatstitchlove.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

I love the little crown!

Somebody played a little joke on you! I couldn't see it very well, but when I squinted I knew exactly what it said!

jayne said...

My guess would have been D_v_d.....but then he's probably too busy watching the football.....

Julie said...

Love the crown, thats a cutie

Someone obviously has way too much spare time to play with pins. Could it be the excitement of end of year exams almost finished?

Sally said...

Oh that is funny Christine! Now who could have done that lol!!!!!

Ranae said...

cute and funny

Karan said...

Love the cute crown. Could it even be a teenaged poltergeist? LOL

Heidi said...

LOL! She got you good with that joke. And that crown is just too adorable! Aren't pincushions the most fun things to make?!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi